Office Hours: 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM Central Time
2741 Pennsylvania Ave Suite 3
Marianna, FL 32448
Permanent link to this article: http://jackson.ifas.ufl.edu/blog/2012/01/06/jackson-county-extension-3/
4-H Day at LEGOLAND is September 10th
Frequently Asked Questions
Tickets are $35.00/person ($5.00 per ticket benefits the Florida 4-H Foundation). It is completely optional, but you can also purchase add-ons for express passes, parking, and admission to the water park.
- Any family that has participated in 4-H is eligible for the discount (this includes 4-H clubs, camps, day camps, school, afterschool, and military 4-H programs)
- Youth under the age of 2 are admitted for free
- Tickets are only good for Saturday, September 10th, 2016
- Tickets must be ordered online at least 24 hours before the event
- Use this secure link to order 4-H discount tickets
- You do not have to bring your 4-H Membership Card, just bring the tickets you print at home generated by the link above
- If you have a 4-H t-shirt, please wear it! We would like to see a “sea of green” at LEGOLAND that day.
- You are responsible for your transportation to and from the park, and for making any reservations for overnight accommodations. Many of the hotels in the area offer free shuttle services to and from the park, so ask your hotel concierge. The onsite LEGOLAND Hotel recently opened and is offering some great deals.
- If you are driving to the park, parking costs $17.00 onsite, but you can save $2.00 if you order your parking pass online when you purchase your tickets through our link above.
- For information about park attractions, show schedules, food, height restrictions, or accommodations for persons with disabilities visit http://florida.legoland.com/. Check out their online Family Guide. If you have toddlers, you may also want to read What to Do When you are Two.
- Please share photos of your LEGOLAND experience on social media using #4Heverywhere
Permanent link to this article: http://jackson.ifas.ufl.edu/blog/2016/08/29/september-10th-4-h-day-at-legoland/
11 – Peanut Field Day
20 – Home Canning Basics, Pressure and Water Bath Canning Workshop
Saturday, June 20, 9 am to 3 pm at the Ag Complex on Penn Avenue. The cost is $20 per person and this includes all supplies and lunch. Join us for a hands-on learning experience as you learn canning basics. You will leave with your own canned products! Space is limited, pre-register by calling 850-482-9620.
27- My Florida Home, A class for first-time home buyers
Saturday, August 27, 9 am – 3 pm at the Ag Complex on Penn Ave. There is no charge for this class and it fulfills the homeowner education requirement for SHIP and Rural Development programs. Topics include analyzing your personal financial and credit situation, how much home can I afford, negotiating the contract, choosing a mortgage, and more. All participants will receive a certificate of completion. Pre-registration is required. Please call the Jackson County Extension Office, 850-482-9620 to register.
Great opportunity to attend a review class before getting a new pesticide license or earn CEUs for an existing one (Core, Private, ROW, Row Crop, and aquatic). Each session costs $10, and the series is hosted at NFREC Quincy (155 Research Road, Quincy, FL 32351).
6 – 4-H Spin Club “Quilting Ag” Begins
A 4-H Spin Club is a club that is designed for a specific project and is short term. Our first project for the new club is entitled “Quilting Ag”, twice a month for 3 months the club will meet and work on their quilting project. Meeting dates will be: 9/6, 9/27, 10/4, 10/19, 11/1 and 11/16. Quilting Ag
13 – 4-H Open House
20 – 4- H Awards Banquet
13 – 15 Panhandle Youth Expo – Jackson County Ag Center, Hwy. 90
17 – 18 Sunbelt Ag Expo, Moultrie, GA
25 – 26 Jackson County 4-H Ag Adventures, Greenwood Research Unit
29 – District II 4-H Chick Chain Show and Poultry Skill-a-Thon Event, Holmes County Extension Office
10- My Florida Home, A class for first-time home buyers
Saturday, December 10, 9 am – 3 pm at the Ag Complex on Penn Ave. There is no charge for this class and it fulfills the homeowner education requirement for SHIP and Rural Development programs. Topics include analyzing your personal financial and credit situation, how much home can I afford, negotiating the contract, choosing a mortgage, and more. All participants will receive a certificate of completion. Pre-registration is required. Please call the Jackson County Extension Office, 850-482-9620 to register.
Permanent link to this article: http://jackson.ifas.ufl.edu/blog/2015/08/11/upcoming-events/
We now have free interactive pesticide training tutorial DVDs for Core and eight restricted use pesticide categories. They can be viewed for exam prep or to earn CEUs needed for license renewal. Web based exams are offered in addition to paper exams, the benefit being instant results vs. a paper exam which is mailed to Tallahassee for grading.
To schedule an exam appointment or to view our free tutorials to earn CEUs, please call the Extension Office at (850) 482-9620. For more information: CEUs & Pesticide Applicator information
Permanent link to this article: http://jackson.ifas.ufl.edu/blog/2013/01/03/options-for-earning-ceus/