Introductory Animal Science Series
Cloverbud Explorations: The World of Poultry
Cloverbud Explorations: The World of Rabbits
These units make it easy for you to introduce science concepts through day camps, club meetings and classroom settings, to Cloverbuds (ages 5-7) and can be modified for older youth, as well. Because we supply everything you need, you only have to come to the 4-H Office, check it out, and teach! We do ask however, that you replenish the kits with the disposable items provided prior to returning them.
Each unit contains:
- Series Overview
- 1 children’s book
- facilitator’s guide – unit overview, objectives and information to complement and support this series. Included in the guides are materials lists as well as explanations and suggestions to go along with the included PowerPoint presentations.
- hard copy of the PowerPoint lesson presentation (due to file size only available by email)
- flash drive with the PowerPoint lesson presentation
- content checklist/need to stock checklist
- related craft activity with materials and supplies
- Youth evaluations:
- Poultry Animal Science Unit Evaluation
- Rabbit Animal Science Unit Evaluation
- Adult evaluation:
- Introductory Animal Science Units, Rabbits or Poultry, Instructor Evaluation
- 4-H Adult and Youth Enrollment Forms
Introductory Animal Science Units contain the following additional items:
- “What’s In The Bag?” Interactive learning activity
Germ Prevention Hand Washing Activity
- Zoonotic Safety Component – Learn about the importance of proper hand washing! Awareness of Zoonotic diseases is introduced. Assistance from USDA APHIS VMO services is available for hand washing activities. A list of veterinary services points of contact is available from https://www.aphis.usda.gov/animal_health/downloads/sprs_contact/field_office_contact_info.pdf . This list was last updated on February 26, 2016.
Illustrated Children’s Books
by Anita Ganeri
by Anita Ganeri
Let’s Learn About Jellyfish!
Junk Drawer Robotics
Program Evaluation – 4-H Volunteer Survey – Measures your perceptions of learning gains and the kit’s usefulness.